This happened by accident. I sent my honey to the store for Salmon but got Trout instead. Although I have absolutely no problem returning groceries to Costco, we were hungry and the quickest way to eat was by cooking the trout. Let me just say, that mistakes can be miracles in disguise. I was pretty impressed. It's not hard to cook any fish but they all have different flavors. Pair this with a nice dry, white wine and rice and you've got a baby maker on your hands. Picasso, my baby love even loved it and he's not a fish fan.
- 2 Trout Fillets, Skin-off
- 4 tbsp. Butter, unsalted
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper, cracked
- 4 Sprigs of Rosemary, Stripped & Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the fillets of trout with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the trout in the skillet and scatter with rosemary and lemon slices.
- Spoon the butter from the bottom of the skillet over the fish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and spoon butter & browned bits on top of fish.
- Serve with root vegetables and enjoy!