Life... what is it? Really. What is life? I can't answer that question for you, but I can tell you that life gets better with time and cheese. I don't want to hear your excuses about your lactose-intolerance or how you don't want cow's milk. Save it. I love cheese and I'll literally risk being constipated to enjoy cheese
Theses little fried mozzarella sticks bring me joy (insert Anita Baker's You Bring Me Joy here). I dead-ass danced in my undies while I was frying these because my fat ass was so excited to eat. It's amazing what happens when I'm home alone.
These are easy to make. They are not to be overcomplicated with extra shit. You don't need to have any culinary skills to make these. Just coat them, fry them and be great.
- 1 lb. Mozzarella String Cheese
- ¾ c. Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ c. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut string cheese in half.
- Beat eggs until smooth.
- Mix Panko Breadcrumbs with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley, thyme and salt. No, you are not allowed to buy the Italian Panko Breadcrumbs. That's forbidden!
- Toss mozzarella into the flour and shake off the extra.
- Dip in the beaten eggs and roll in the Panko mixture.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for crispy mozzarella sticks.
- Transfer to a plate and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Fry mozzarella sticks for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!