ERMAHGERD (pronounced Oh-My-God), this is MY drink... just because it has whisky in it. I'm a sucker for whisky & red wine and anytime I can merge the two, my day is complete! I drank the entire batch by myself over the course of two days (judge me). It was sweet, but not too sweet... the cherries and limes really helped to mellow the sweetness by adding the necessary amount of tart. I love a good sangria. I need one of my friends to have a baby or get a divorce or something so I'll have a reason to make a fresh batch soon.
Fortunately, this is a very forgiving and adjustable recipe. It's more about how you want your sangria to taste. You'll definitely need fruit, so grab some strawberries, nectarines, cherries, oranges, limes and lemons then toss them in a pitcher and let's get started.
- 25 oz. Red Wine (that's 1 Bottle)
- 8 oz. Non-Alcoholic Sangria
- 4 oz. Mineral Water
- 4 oz. Bourbon (6 oz. if you're not driving)
- 1 c. cherries, de-stemmed
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 2 nectarines, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar
- In a large pitcher or jar, add the wine, bourbon, non-alcoholic sangria and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the fruits and stir. Taste for tartness and sweetness. Add mineral water slowly, if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. This sangria can last up to a week in the refrigerator. The fruit will get you drunk if you eat enough!