This is a highly seasoned, low-calorie meal. I was supposed to be in a now defunct wedding and was trying to squeeze into a God-awful dress that was not made for a woman with boobs. My ta-ta's were spilling out of every opening allowable and I was determined to fit into it. At any rate, this is a 17 minute meal that I ate 4 days a week for 2 months. It's so tasty... I think I might cook more tonight.
- 4 oz. Salmon Fillet
- 2 oz. Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, quartered (you only need one)
- 2 oz. Blue Cheese
- 2 oz. Buttermilk
- 2 oz. Sour Cream
- 2 oz. Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning, dried
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Thyme, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- To a frying pan, add oil on high heat and sear salmon. While the salmon is cooking, season with salt and pepper. The trick to searing salmon is to make sure the pan is hot and then let it cook... leave it alone. Don't try to manipulate it or flip it until it's ready. It's ready when it unsticks to the pan. It takes about 4 minutes. Cook the salmon on both sides. Total cook time should be no more than 10 minutes.
- To make salad dressing, in a small container, mix rosemary, thyme, italian seasoning, sour cream and buttermilk together.
- Place the quartered wedge salad on a plate, drizzle the sour dressing over the wedge salad. Add blue cheese, bacon and breadcrumbs to the wedge.
- Add the salmon to the plate and chow down! Simple and filling. Enjoy!